From designing your custom wedding menu to thanking your guests for coming, our wedding planners are with you every step of the way. While you are busy getting ready for your big day, we keep an eye on all the latest trends that you may love. It takes extensive experience and expertise to incorporate these trends into a seamless wedding experience. Our task is to mesh new, creative and innovative wedding ideas with consistent service and the highest-quality food to create an exceptional experience. And this is a challenge we look forward to.
Take a look at some of the latest wedding ideas and let us know which ones suit your unique style. Together, we can customize them and bring your wedding dreams to life.
Merging Unique Wedding Trends
We are seeing incredibly dramatic wedding ceremonies and wedding theme ideas. Lighting and sound are being used in exciting new ways to create an unforgettable experience. Sophisticated and spectacular, the latest ceremony trends to wow guests include:
- Video mapping
- Circular and spiral-style seating
- Unity wine pour
- Chalkboard bar with calligraphed menu
Custom Food and Drink Pairings
Signature cocktails remain a staple at top Chester County weddings. But they are trending away from sweet colorful pours in favor of classics like the Moscow mule. Kathryn and Warren’s mint mojito whiskey lemonade is a perfect example of how couples are using cocktails to put their unique twist on the ever-popular rustic barn wedding.
Couples are also giving guests a unique cocktail hour experience by pairing food and drinks and setting up interactive drink stations. From flights with event staff sharing information about the beers to whiskey tasting stations, guests are surprised and delighted by these popular cocktail hour trends.
Shining Wedding Receptions
Because they are all bright and beautiful, it is not hard to bring together all the new wedding reception trends. Together they create a glamorous vintage atmosphere that is grand and elegant. Simple yet powerful, our favorite wedding decoration ideas are:
- Living runners: Couples are looking for ways to bring the outdoors inside, and it shows in their table décor. Greenery is being used to create whimsical table runners.
- Hanging flowers: Centerpieces do not need to be large to impress guests. Couples are opting for smaller centerpieces combined with hanging element over the tables. Cascading vines and orchids paired with twinkle lights and candles create an enchanted forest look.
- Metallics: From elegant table settings to sparkly gowns, metallics are working their way into every inch of Philadelphia weddings. Copper, rose gold, and pewter are being used to great lengths in wedding decorations while gold and silver beading and threading are being laced into dresses. And brides are not choosing just one metallic to accent their wedding décor; they are mixing and matching these trendy wedding colors.
- Extensive lighting: Edison bulbs, chandeliers and candelabras are adding ambience to top Philadelphia wedding venues. Market lighting is not new to Springton Manor Farm weddings, and we love that it is finding its way into other beautiful wedding locations.
Tip: When the sun goes down, light up the fire pits! This is a great way to continue a wonderful wedding atmosphere filled with unique lighting.
Unique Seating Arrangements
The beloved rustic wedding theme isn’t a new one, but it is showing up in different ways. We are seeing farm tables as well as long tables and statement tables for the bridal party and guests. Couples are putting their style into table arrangements, bringing guests together in new and welcoming ways that embrace a family farm vibe.
Fun Food Presentations and Stations
Traditional plated dining is giving way to dynamic menus that feature local ingredients and comfort foods. Couples want to showcase their taste and favorite food from their area in unique ways. When designing their menus, couples often ask us how they can add extra color, flavor and excitement. With local and seasonal ingredients already a staple in our farm-to-table menus, we point them to these wedding food trends:
- Purple foods: Cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage add a pop of color to plates.
- Action stations: Food stations do more than satisfy guests—the servers provide an exciting experience, and guests have fun customizing their favorite foods. Our mac & cheese bar is incredibly popular this year.
- Edible favors: We love the idea of wrapping up custom sugar cookies with the couple’s initials and wedding date.
- Alternative desserts: Julie and Jordan’s dessert station with donuts, cake, milk and cookies and assorted berries showed what a wonderful diversity of desserts is possible. From an ice cream bar to s’mores roasting station, treat your guests to a fun dessert.
When the naked cake took off in popularity, some couples didn’t fall in love. Looking for a happy medium between a traditional cake and a bare one, couples now have a perfect option—a translucent cake. With just a touch of frosting and typically buttercream, this style of cake welcomes custom additions like fresh flowers or in-season fruits. Fresh, personal and beautiful, this is one of our favorite wedding ideas for summer.
Spectacular Live Entertainment
From acrobats to aerialists, the exciting new wedding trends reach a height in wedding entertainment where couples are pulling out all the stops. Weddings are more interactive than ever, and live performers showcase this trend. With such incredible entertainment, it is no wonder guests look up to see drones capturing footage of all the action. Many couples are also making an extra effort to live stream their weddings and impressive performers.
For more unique wedding ideas inspired by your wedding theme and brought together by our experienced professionals, contact us online or give us a call at 610.725.9420.