Philadelphia venue finder tools and our creative event planners provide you with a plethora of options for customizing your wedding décor. So how do you apply these exceptional resources to make your wedding dreams come true? We decided to break it down for you, using The Manor House at Springton Manor Farm as an example.
Situated on 300 acres of serene grounds and with a history that dates back to the 1800s, Springton Manor Farm is already filled with plenty of charm and beauty. So the wedding décor ideas we share in this post are like the icing on the cake—they just make your wedding shine even brighter.
Whether you are planning a rustic wedding in Philadelphia or simply an elegant reception, these enchanting décor ideas will put the final touch on any top Philadelphia wedding venue.
Countryside Wedding Décor Ideas
Love is in the Air Wedding Details
How can’t love fill the air in such a serene setting as Springton Manor Farm? The magnificent views and historic details allow guests to relax and enjoy the company and love throughout your wedding. But go ahead and reinforce these feelings with love-themed wedding ideas:
- Black and white LOVE sign: Surrounded by gorgeous flowers and elegant candles, this pretty much sums up what your wedding is all about.
- “Spread the love” wedding favors: Give guests small jars of jam decorated with natural twine and the saying “spread the love.” Bride and groom’s names and wedding date complete the custom-designed lid.
Stunning Landscape Backdrops
The lush grounds of Springton Manor are home to lazily grazing sheep, goats and cattle. Add in the beautifully restored barn and you have a picture perfect view. So make sure you take full advantage of it by carefully placing beverage stations. Some ways couples have done this include:
- Rustic beverage station: Wooden furniture is a great way to display classic country beverages like fresh lemonade and iced tea. A picturesque backdrop, delicate flowers and fresh lemons complete the rustic presentation. And we can’t think of any better place to do this than on the quarry tile floors of the enclosed porch at The Manor House.
- Outdoor bar: Wood, tall candles and watermelon halves are the final touches to a rustic bar situated on the lush lawns of Springton Manor Farm.
Twinkle Light Accents
One of Bridal Guide’s spectacular wedding decoration ideas has couples saying their vows under twinkle lights that hang from willow trees. And this top wedding idea can add a wonderful touch to any of the three intimate ceremony sites at Springton Manor Farm.
Even if you don’t add twinkle lights to your ceremony under a century-old linden tree, perennial gardens or beach tree grove, consider using them in your reception area. Guests will love to dine and dance the night away under exquisite lighting in the 400-square-foot outdoor tented structure that is connected to The Manor House from April through October.
Creative Wood Displays
Springton Manor Farm has all the necessary amenities for even the most modern weddings. But it also reminds you that sometimes nature brings the most wonderful elements to a wedding. The perfect example of this is the use of wood—from rustic and unfinished to glistening and polished. We love these display ideas:
- Passed hors d’oeuvres wooden tray: Rosemary, pesto and cherry tomatoes are the perfect garnishes for farm-to-table small bites presented on dark wooden trays. Passed by professional servers from one of the premier Philadelphia catering companies, this display of appetizers brings plenty of class to countryside weddings.
- Wooden marshmallow roasting towers: Marshmallow roasting is an incredibly popular wedding activity, especially at rustic weddings in Philadelphia. To put a unique twist on this wedding trend, display ingredients and utensils on wooden towers and wood rounds.
- Non-traditional guest book: Let guests sign a finished piece of wood with the bride and groom’s names and wedding date. A white sharpie is all you will need to start this memorable piece of art.
- Wooden welcome sign: A handwritten greeting with a countryside feel and complete with your custom wedding hashtag is the perfect welcome to your wedding at Springton Manor Farm. And if you are looking for wedding décor ideas on a budget, you will love this one because it makes for an inexpensive DIY project.
Chic Golden Details
Because its classic design features peaked dormers and a wrap-around veranda, we love to incorporate metallic decorations into Springton Manor Farm’s wedding décor. The molding and bronze sconces found in The Manor House interior are the perfect cornerstones for sophisticated gold wedding decorations like:
- Elegant table numbers: Simple gold numbers, small gold vases and fresh rolls are a classy welcome to dinner tables
- Gold sweetheart table banner: Spell out the couple’s name in a glittery gold banner in front of an elegant table.
- Gold nautical compass decorations: These classic instruments are a lovely match to The Manor House’s historic elements and décor. Even if you are not working with a nautical wedding theme, these decorations are a nice touch to this charming space.
We would love to hear about your wedding vision so we can start to match your personality with the latest wedding trends. If you want superior food, exceptional service and modern wedding ideas brought to your wedding venue, contact our experienced Philadelphia catering team online or give us a call at 610.725.9420.