Held in a Gatsby-era estate and offering a variety of incredible menu items, Jennifer Seifert and Amari White’s wedding reception at The Patio at Archmere Academy was truly unforgettable. The Italian Renaissance architecture, Botticino marble, stained glass ceiling and stunning fountain and statue found in this historic mansion set an impressive scene. And the Whites’ custom menu completed their impressive wedding vision.
Take a look at the incredible experience the Whites’ 131 guests enjoyed on October 21, 2017.
Realizing the Whites’ Dream Wedding
A Memorable Cocktail Hour
When guests arrived to the historic mansion, they were greeted by a valet and were immediately immersed in an unforgettable experience. In the music room and patio, they found a wonderful variety of delicious appetizers among the building’s impressive design.
The stationary hors d’oeuvre the Whites selected—an array of domestic cheese, garnished with fresh fruit and a toasted baguette—fit in perfectly with the elegant space in which our staff circulated with these fine passed hors d’oeuvres:
- Roasted tomato asiago bruschetta
- Seared sesame tuna cubes: soy ginger dipping sauce
- Grilled garlic & rosemary shrimp skewer
- Fried goat cheese: with prosciutto & warm truffle honey
- Bacon wrapped scallop: with horseradish dipping sauce
- Moroccan beef skewers: marinated in a unique blend of traditional Moroccan spices
A Beautiful Start to Dinner
At 7:40pm, our team brought out the pre-set salads Jennifer and Amari carefully chose. With Jen having a variety of food allergies, it was our culinary team’s pleasure to craft a fresh and flavorful salad that she and her guests could enjoy. Knowing there is always a vast array of wonderful seasonal ingredients to incorporate into personalized dishes, our culinary team was excited by this opportunity and challenge to treat Jen and her guests.
We started dinner service with a carefully prepared and plated baby arugula salad of sliced pear, goat cheese, honey bourbon pecans, red onion and honey raspberry vinaigrette. This was the perfect reflection of their relationship—so full of life and vitality—and a beautiful lead-in to introductions, the first dance, welcome speech and toasts.
Savoring Every Bite
The main dishes served with Baker Street dinner rolls with whipped butter, Chef’s Choice starch and a vegetable provided guests with a satisfying array of options. Crafted with Jen and Amari’s bold and beautiful style as well as their unique taste in mind, guests chose among these premium menu items that offer outstanding flavors:
- Pan seared filet of beef: garlic and rosemary merlot demi
- Wild mushroom & boursin stuffed chicken breast: smoked mushroom sauce
- Citrus soy glazed salmon: ginger butter
- Seasonal vegetable risotto: grilled leeks, porcini broth, toasted brioche
An Evening of Wedding Fun
At the artistically presented dessert station, guests selected among the following beautiful treats:
- Assorted miniature desserts
- Waffles and ice cream: grab your waffle hot off the iron and top it with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, maple syrup, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, Nutella and vanilla ice cream
- Individual crème brûlée: grand marnier, pumpkin, chocolate macadamia or lemon
A Final Treat
At 11pm, we rolled out a late-night snack station of carnival popcorn. With options of caramel, cheddar ranch, white chocolate and cinnamon sugar, guests could grab their favorite flavor and head back to the dance floor. From open to close, the Whites’ wedding remained packed with energy, excitement and smiles captured by Werth Photography.
If you want help designing a custom menu that reflects your unique style and complements your wedding theme, contact our creative Philadelphia catering team online or give us a call at 610.725.9420.
More articles you might enjoy:
- Unique Décor Ideas for Philadelphia Wedding Venues
- Newsflash: Layers Upon Layers of Brilliant Wedding Food Ideas Revealed
- Uniting Top Wedding Ideas